Beautiful live music in Rome! Once you’ve treated your eyes to the impressive monuments of Rome and treated your stomachs to its cuisine and wine, it’s time to indulge your ears!
Here are 6 Places to Hear Beautiful Music in Rome:
1. St. Ivo alla Sapienza: located in the heart of Rome this impressive church realized by Borromini hosts a number of musical events by the International Chamber Ensemble. Take a look at their website under “calendario” to see what events are coming up! Address- Corso del Rinascimento, 40 (Rome). (http://www.interensemble.org)
2. Teatro dell’Opera: As the name would suggest, the elegant opera house hosts operas, as well as orchestral concerts and ballets. Located near the artsy boutique area of Monti, this is an unforgettable spot to see amazing performances. Address- Piazza Beniamino Gigli, 7 (Rome). (http://www.operaroma.it/eng)
3. St. Paul Within the Walls (San Paolo Dentro Le Mura): St Paul’s in an Episcopal church from the 19th century. They have a number of classical music concerts, choir performances, and operas. Take look under the “music” tab on their website to see what events are happening soon! Address- Via Napoli, 58 (Rome). (http://www.stpaulsrome.it/)
4. Auditorium Parco della Musica: The architecturally awe-inspiring Auditorium is a larger venue which has a variety of events, ranging from rock concerts to orchestral symphony and opera to film festivals. Check their website for upcoming events and how to get tickets. Address- Viale Pietro De Coubertin, 30 (Rome). (www.auditorium.com)
5. Chiesa Evangelica Valdese: A 19th century Evangelical church situated near the Presidential Palace in Rome, they perform opera and ballets (and combinations of both). Look for dates and ticket availability on their website! Address- Via Quattro Novembre, 107 (Rome). (http://www.chiesavaldese.org/eng/indexen.php)
6. Auditorium Conciliazione: Sitting just a hop and a skip from St. Peter’s Square, this ample Auditorium is an excellent choice for letting a symphonic orchestra tickle your eardrums or taking your travel weary children to see a family-friendly musical like Cinderella. Address- Via della Conciliazione, 4 (Rome). (http://www.auditoriumconciliazione.it/)